Create a new Category called "Proposals"

Hi,
I’d like to propose creating a Category “Proposals”, where members can propose an initiative/project or anything that could be taken up by this community and gather feedback. Once we reach consensus, we could actually start implementing on working on it. What do you think?

• Sounds Good!
  • Let’s keep it to General for now
  • Something else (feel free to comment below)
0 voters

Done! - Proposals - Democracy Collective
Let me know if you have a suggestion for a better name :slight_smile:

Simply curious, what could we could do different ( not that we have to ), than lets say a Rotary/Rotaract Club out there. With the defer in registering DC as a party, we would be operating as an online community, In essence, we wont be very different to a social welfare org ie serving general public.

Hey @arunmathaisk, that’s a very valid point!
And I don’t have an answer to it :slight_smile:
from what I understand, the idea is to gather some ideas initially on what direction this community could take and see what the consensus is. Maybe we come up with some ideas that can actually have an impact in an area that has is not being actively worked on by other organizations or political parties (at least until we unregistered)
That is my understanding so far.
Maybe @rmehta can share his thoughts too

2 Likes

@arunmathaisk @prakhar47 I thought I am having is to run online campaigns - once we have enough members, we use our networks to promote them. We create campaign cards, talking points etc. Maybe run a campaign for 2-3 months.

One I can immediately think of is Inheritance Tax - India is a country that is ruled by “Sons and Daughters Ltd” - We could debate this internally, and we the members agree we can run online campaigns like this.

If our campaigns hit a chord, then our numbers will increase. In this sense we have to think like a startup!

4 Likes

I think we should have a charter for DC.

I remember @rmehta started with Democracy and Online.

We probably need something more detailed in place before we go from 100 to 1000 to 10000.

1 Like